Friday, October 7, 2011

Gaga comes full circle?


Media Moment: Calgary Sun newspaper (October 7, 2011)
Queen-related: Article on Queen and Lady Gaga

Brian in talks with Lady Gaga to have her be the Queen vocalist for an upcoming tour? When did this happen? Yesterday, I guess, if this Popcrush article is true.

This scenario reminds me of that Mark Wahlberg movie, Rock Star. Granted, Lady Gaga isn’t merely a tribute band leader, she has a remarkably distinct identity all of her own. But still, she takes her name from a Queen song, frequently credits Freddie as inspiration, gets Brian to guest on Yoü and I, and now she’s poised to join the very band she reputedly holds in such high esteem.

If they actually go on tour together, it would definitely create buzz. Imagine all of her “monster” fans sitting next to grandma and grandpa in the audience. She’d bring a whole new audience to Queen, which isn’t a bad thing.

If she cuts an album with Brian and Roger -- sorta like what Paul Rodgers did -- that would be even more interesting, in my opinion. Yes, there will be critics that’ll claim she doesn’t deserve to join forces with the likes of Queen, but FFS, if Brian and Roger are still able to create something new, let’s hear it. She would bring a musical perspective quite different from what PR did so let’s see how the partnership works out. Who knows, it might end up being a creative kick in the ass for both parties.

And if they don’t do a mash-up of Yoü and I and You and I while on tour, I want my money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment